Tuesday, April 7, 2009

50th Anniversary Sampler Quilt

My parents are celebrating 50 years together over the Easter holiday. We decided to make them a quilt to honor this special occasion. My sisters, niece, and my daughter each made one or two 12-inch blocks for this quilt. We used fabrics from LakeHouse and I quilted it with an all-over butterfly and flower design. I decided to add six stars to the sashing in the center to represent their six children. Congratulations to Marlus and Wayne! My dad was a farmer until he retired. I come from a talented family. My mom was always a crafter and taught all five of us girls how to sew. My brother even made a shirt once. My dad was always making things from wood or jumping in to help with our 4-H projects. Many of you have probably read my "About Me" page on my website and know that the store was named after the small creek that ran by our house. What a great place to grow up. I am sure my parents are reflecting back on all these years, and like me, realize how special they are.









1 comment:

Rebecka said...

Kristine,
Thanks for all your work on this quilt. It turned out beautifully!! Dad and Mom are going to love it! Can't wait to see you and the gang.