Monday, May 18, 2009

Love Antique Quilts!

Oh my gosh, I love antique quilts! I just recently purchased this quilt top off ebay! It is in perfect shape. I am also a huge fan of scrap quilts!...so, of course, it said buy me all over it. I love to sit and look at all the wonderful fabrics. I also appreciate how the quilters back then always made do with what fabric they had by piecing their scraps together as you can see by the close up picture. I need to do this more often, but as a quilter we always love that excuse to run out and buy more fabric.




I just got in lots of new patterns by Bonnie Blue Quilts. These are great patterns to use up some scraps and if you love reproduction fabrics...you will find them twice as nice.









1 comment:

Rebecka said...

I love your "new" Antique Quilt!!